Fast, Reliable 24 hour 7 Day Service

Electrician Cronulla

In different parts of the world, a faulty electrical system is still regarded as the leading cause of fires in various types of properties. Australia, sadly, has also seen its fair share of electrical fires that have caused property owners hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.

As such, it is very important for property owners to be very vigilant when it comes to their electrical systems.

But how can you know that you may have a faulty electrical system at home or in a commercial property? The following are some of these typical warning signs:

• Sparks from an outlet
• Discolouration on the outlet
• Warm wall outlets
• Regular issues with blowing fuses
• Frequent tripping of circuit breakers
• An insistent burning smell coming from an appliance or room in the property
• Frequent dimming or flickering of your lights
• You feel a tingling sensation when you touch an electrical appliance or other metal objects

Once you see or observe any of these danger signs in any part of your home or property, it’s definitely high time for you to call an electrician.

There are several safety tips you can always follow and implement in your property to avoid the possibility of your electrical system being the cause of a costly structural fire.

Safety Tips

The following are some of these important safety tips, as shared by a trusted electrician, Cronulla property owners can follow and employ:

• Do not overload an outlet. Plug only one high-wattage electric appliance into a receptacle outlet at a time.

• If your home or property does not have ground fault circuit interrupters or GFCIs, have them installed. Important places to have them include the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room, basement, and outdoor areas.

• Consider having arc-fault circuit interrupters or AFCIs installed in your property to protect electrical outlets.

• Never use damaged or electrical cords. Replace these faulty cords immediately and do not persist on using them because you don’t want to spend money on new ones.

• Do not run or put extension cords across and under doorways and carpets.

• To have a safer home or commercial property, consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a trusted licensed electrician to avoid using several extension cords.

• Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.

Finally, if any outlet or switch feels warm to the touch and you are having frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, you should immediately call an electrician.

Even if there may be no serious problem with your electrical system, it is still best to get the correct assessment and services of a trained and qualified electrician.

Got Questions?
We’re Here to help